It's almost the end of winter and end of finding variety of vegetables in the market... Tough these days we can find every kind of vegetables canned and exported... But can't get the freshness any more. Have to wait for next 8-10 months to get these vegetables again in the market :)
Mixed Vegetable Curry is best with Roti, Naan, Parante, Kulcha's etc.
Cauliflower - 1 cup (Chopped florets)
Capsicum - 1 medium (Diced)
Carrot - 1/2 cup (Chopped into small pieces)
Potato - 1 Medium (Boiled & Mashed roughly)
Green Chilli - 2
Onion - 1 Large
Tomato - 2 Medium
Garlic - 5 cloves
Ginger - 1'' Piece (Chopped)
Cinnamon - 1'' Stick
Green Cardamom - 2
Bay Leaf -1
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Chilli Powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder - 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala - 1 tsp
Oil - 3 tbsp
Coriander leaf - to garnish
Water - 3 cups
- In a pressure cooker put diced onions, garlic, ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, bay leaf, green chilli, a pinch of salt and 1/2 cup water and let it cook till a whistle releases.
- Cool it and bring to a paste taking out the bay leaf.
- In a kadai heat 3 tbsp of oil and now add the paste and cook at low heat for 3-4 minutes and then add chopped tomatoes and cook till it gets tender.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and salt.
- Add the vegetables, roughly mashed potatoes and mix it properly with the masala.
- Put rest 2 & 1/2 cups water and cook it covered for another 10 minutes at a low flame.
- Once cooked add garam masala to it.
- Serve hot, garnished with coriander leafs. :)
Taste Of Pearl City @ Any One Can Cook
Recipe Junction @ Spotlight: Winter Vegetables
from my kitchen