I was just searching for some tea time snacks from different blogs and found this recipe from http://priyaeasyntastyrecipes.blogspot.com/2011/12/eggless-whole-wheat-garlic-rolls.html and planned to prepare it and no wonder it came out so beautifully and it was yum with Tomato ketchup and a mug of coffee :)
2 cup - Wheat Flour
1 tsp - Dry Yeast
1 tsp - Sugar
1 tsp - Salt
3 tsp - Grated Garlic
3 tsp - Finely chopped coriander leaves
50 gm - Butter
1 tsp - Oil
1/2 Cup - Luke warm Water
- Add sugar, salt and dry yeast to the luke warm water. Leave it till its gets foamy.
- Now add the foamy yeast to the flour and knead it.
- Cover it with a kitchen towel and keep to rest for 1 hour.
- At room temperature mix the grated garlic and chopped coriander and keep it aside.
- Once they doubled their size,punch down the dough,dust the dough with flour and roll them as a thick rectangle disc.Spread enough garlic-coriander spread and roll them as a loaf, cut the rolled loaf as 8-10 pieces, arrange them over a greased baking tray,sprinkle the sesame seeds, let them sit again for few minutes in warm place.
- Preheat at 220°C and bake at 180° C for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup with a cup of coffee.