Winter, the season of vegetables is back. I love this season because my favorite vegetables is found in the market. :) (Cauliflower, green peas, carrot, red tomatoes etc...) Well I don't like dairy products more except curd. And Panner(cottage cheese) I don't like. But my husband just love it. So, planned to have some thing which will suit we both @ our dinner, combined green peas and cottage cheese with a peanut touch to it. :)
1 cup – Green peas (shelled)
50 gm – Paneer (sliced)
2 no.s – Onion (large chopped)
2 tbsp – Garlic (paste)
2 tbsp – Ginger (paste)
3 no.s – Green Chilli
1 no.s – Red Chilli (dry & its optional )
2 no.s – Tomato (puree)
½ cup – Roasted Peanut
4-5 tsp - Oil
1 tsp – Turmeric Powder
1 tsp – Red Chilli Powder
1&1/2 tsp – Coriander Powder
1&1/2 tsp – Cumin Powder
Salt – for taste
Water – as per requirement of the gravy
Oil – for frying paneer
- Heat 2 tsp of vegetable oil in a kadai and put the chopped onion to it.
- Cook the onion till its golden brown.
- Remove from the kadai, keep it aside and let it cool.
- Bring to a paste along with the roasted peanuts once cooled.
- In the same kadai put 3 tsp of oil and put the mixture ( garlic paste, ginger paste, green chilli paste and red chilli paste).
- Cook till the raw smell goes away.
- Now add the freshly prepared tomato puree and cook till the oil leaves.
- Now add the green peas, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and salt.
- Mix it properly.
- Now add the onion-peanut paste to the peas, adjust the water and cook for 8-10 minutes in a lower flame.
- Meanwhile fry the paneer in oil. (just to have a golden color)
- After the peas get tender add the paneer and cook for more 2-3 minutes at a lower flame.
- Once cooked serve hot with Phulkas, Roti, Nan, Kulcha, etc... :)
from my kitchen