Misti Dahi/ Sweet curd is one of the favourite desserts among the Bengali's. My father started his career at Kolkata, WB. He was there for 2-3 years and he knows almost all the old restaurants over there and the streets where, good food is available. Last when we visited in the year 2009 he took me and mom to a hotel when he asked us to taste Misti Dahi... & I have no words that was the best one I ever had... :)
Today just tried to imitate it still trying to achieve that taste...
Full Cream Milk - 1ltr
Curd - 8 tbsp for fermentation
Sugar - 3/4 Cup (Gur Can be used, it will give a brownish color to the dahi)
- In a heavy bottom pan or kadai, boil the milk till it reduces to half.
- Add the sugar.
- Let it cool for some time.
- In Kulhar put 2 tbsp of curd each. Approximately it will come in 4 Kulhars.
- Pour the milk into it and leave it as it it, do not mix. (well I have seen in some recipes that its asked to mix ie: curd and the milk so that it gets a good consistency. I tried it but it didn't come good.)
- Keep it in some warm place overnight and refrigerate it once curd is set.
- Serve it chilled.:)
Good Food @ Just "4" Fun
Preeti's Kitchen @ Color & Sweet-Holi Fest
Spice n Sugar Tales @ Cakes, Cookies & Desserts
From my kitchen