Lemon rice is one my favourite and easy to make dish. The tangy flavour of lemon needs no side dish with it. It's one of my best among South Indian Dishes. Well here in South India they say "Pulliharam"Ingredients
(check me if I'm wrong with the spelling) Early morning when I get late preparing my husbands lunch as I wake late :P, I prepare Lemon rice for him. And he loves it too, without any complains in the evening :) Well today morning I prepared it in a hurry-bury so couldn't take good snaps, but I will update with better snaps as soon as I prepare it next time. :)
Rice - 1 Cup (cooked)
Lemon Juice - 2 tbsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt - as per taste
oil - 2 tbsp
Curry Leaves - 12-15
Dry Red Chilli - 1
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Peanuts - 4 tbsp (can add more as per ur interest)
- Cook the rice and keep aside.
- In a Kadai heat oil. Put mustard seeds and once they sputter put the curry leaves,dry red chilli and peanuts.
- Cook for a minute and now put turmeric powder and salt.
- Mix it and add the lemon juice.
- Switch off the flame and add the cooked rice to it.
- Mix it properly and it's ready to serve...Isn't it easy and faster to make!!! :)
The Kitchen Affaire @ Veggie/Fruit A Month Event - Lemon
from my kitchen