As an amateur cook i am learning varieties of cakes... Looking out for blogs book etc and found this recipe... & must say it tastes awesome.....
Beet - 1
Cocoa Powder - 2/3 Cup
Sugar - a little more than 1 Cup
Atta - 1 and 3/4 Cup
Oil - 1/2 Cup
Baking Powder - 1 tbsp
- Chop the beet and in a micro wave safe bowl, microwave it for 2 minutes at high along with a cup of water.
- Stain the water and let the beet cool for few minutes.
- Blend the cooked beet in a blender coarsely.
- In a bowl beat the eggs along with sugar, till its fluffy.
- Now add vanilla extract, oil and coarsely blended beet to it and mix.
- Shift the flour along with baking powder and cocoa.
- Now add the dry ingredients into it.
- Line a baking tin and bake @ 180 °C for 40 minutes at a preheated oven.
- Let it cool for few minutes on a wire rack and it's ready to serve :)
Tomato Blues @ Bake Fest
Sugar & Spice Tales @ Cakes, Cookies & Desserts
Simply Food @ Lets Cook for Valentines ( Chocolate/Hearts)
Tickling Palates @ I Love Baking #1
Daily Cuppa @ Comfort food
Vegetarian Tastebuds @ Healthy Diet~Baked Goodies