Channa~Aloo is a great combo with poori's.
Chick peas - 1/2 Cup, soaked overnight (for 6-8 hrs)
Potatoes - 2 Medium
Onion - 1 Large, Chopped
Tomato - 2 Medium
Ginger-garlic Paste - 1 tbsp
Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
Channa Masala - 1 tbsp
Amchur - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 2 tsp
Salt - as per taste
- Pressure cook the soaked chick peas and potatoes until 3 whistles, with a pinch of salt.
- In a kadai heat oil. Put mustard seeds and cumin seeds, once splutter add ginger-garlic paste.
- Mix it and add chopped onions.
- Cook till it turns golden brown and add chopped tomatoes.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes at a lower flame and add all spices: red chilli powder, turmeric powder, amchur, channa masala and salt.
- Mix it properly & add the cooked chickpeas and roughly chopped boiled potatoes.
- Let it cook for more 5 minutes at a low flame covered with a lid.
- Serve with chopped coriander leaves.
from my kitchen