Kadhi is one of the best dish I love from Gujarati cuisine. It is a spicy dish whose thick gravy is based on Besan and contains vegetable pakoras(I used potato), to which sour yogurt is added to give it little sour taste. I love it with simple plain rice.
Kadhi Chawal ummmmmm yuuuummmmm...
Besan - 1 cup
Onion - 1 Medium
Potato -1 Medium
Baking powder - 1/4 tsp
Baking Soda - a pinch
Ginger Crushed -1/4 tsp
Carom Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala -1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder -1/2 tsp
Green Chilli's - 3 finely chopped
Oil to deep fry
Besan - 1/4 cup
Curd - 1 & 1/2 cup
Turmeric Powder -1/4 tsp
Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
Water - 2 cup
Oil - 2 tbsp
Cumin Seeds - 1/4 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
Dry Red Chilli - 3
Curry Leaves -12-15
- Chop the onion, chilli and potatoes finely.
- Mix all the ingredients of pokoras, adding water very gradually to get a thick soft paste of dropping consistency.
- Beat it for 2-3 minutes and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Mean while mix all the ingredients of kadhi in a bowl till smooth. Make sure that no lumps are produced.
- In kadai bring it to boil and let it cook for 8-10 minutes at a lower flame and make sure to strir in between.
- In another kadai deep fry the pokoras.
- Now add the pokoras into the Kadhi Kadai and let it cook for more 4-5 minutes.
- In another kadai take 2 tbsp oil and add cumin, mustard, dry red chilli and curry leaves and let it splutter.
- Now pour it over the Kadhi.
- It's ready to be served :)
Linking it UK Rasoi @ New Year,New Dish :)& Taste Of Perl City @ Any One Can Cook :)
from my kitchen