Mumbai street food reached my kitchen today. I had Batata Wada last on my vacation on the way to Siridi. It's difficult to find same Batata Wada here at Vizag... So, planned to prepare it @ my kitchen :)
Potato - 3 Medium (boiled and mashed)
Onion - 1 Medium (chopped finely)
Ginger-Garlic - 1 Tbsp (Freshly crushed)
Cumin -1/2 tsp
Mustard -1/2 tsp
Carom Seeds -1/2 tsp
Green Chilli Paste - 1tsp(used sauce)
Garam Masala - 1 tsp
Chat Masala -1/2 tsp
Gram Flour - 5 tbsp
Red Chilli Powder -1 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Soda Bicarbonate - 1/4 tsp
Oil - 2tbsp (for preparing masala)
Oil to deep fry the wadaSalt
- In a bowl mix besan, soda bicarbonate, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and water to have a thick consistency and rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Mean while boil potatoes and mash it adding salt (adjust as per taste & remember we added salt in the batter too.) and keep aside.
- In a kadai take 2 tbsp oil, put mustard,cumin and carom seeds and add freshly crushed ginger-garlic after they splutter.
- Now add onion and cook till it turns pink in a medium flame.
- Put chat powder, garam masala and chilli sauce and mix properly.
- Now add the mashed potato and cook for 2-3 minutes and let it cool.
- Once cooled give a shape and keep aside.
- Heat the oil for deep fry.
- Add the potato masala in the batter prepared and fry it.
- Remove and press in between a Pav Bread and serve it hot....
Linking it to Tomato Blues
@ Celebrating Street Food
from my kitchen