I love the event Blog Hop, as we come to know more bloggers and varieties of food... This month I was paired with Achu's Amma's Kitchen and I selected Mutter-paneer but I didn't use mutter but prepared paneer in the same procedure given by Achu with little alterations with the ingredients.
Paneer - 100 gm
Onion - 1 Large
Ginger - 1'' Piece chopped
Garlic - 4-5 cloves chopped
Tomato - 1 Large
Cashew-nuts - 2 tbsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Red Chilli Powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
Garam Masala - 1 tsp
Black Pepper - 1/4 tsp (freshly crushed)
Salt - 1 tsp
Water - 1 cup
Fresh Cream - 3 tbsp( I used Amul Fresh Cream)
Oil - 5 tbsp
- In a kadai shallow fry the cubed paneer, both the sides with 1 tbsp of oil.
- Remove it and keep aside.
- In the same kadai heat 2 tbsp of oil and put the sliced onion, chopped ginger, garlic and cashew-nuts. Cook it for 4-5 minutes.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Once cooked strain it and let it cool for few minutes.
- Blend it to a paste.
- In the same kadai heat 2 tbsp of oil and put the paste into it.
- Now add salt, turmeric powder, black pepper, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala and a cup of water and let it cook for 5 minutes at low heat.
- Now add the shallow fried panner and cover with a lid for 2-3 minutes.
- At last add the fresh cream and mix it properly.
- Let it cook for 2-3 minutes more and its ready to be served.
Tickling Palates @ Blog Hop Wednesdays
Food Corner @ Midweek Fiesta
from my kitchen